Brand Name: VIDA UP®
Format: film coated tablet
What is the medicine used for:
Hyperlipidemia: To decrease total cholesterol, LDL-C, apolipoprotein B and triglyceride concentrations in the treatment of primary hypercholesterolemia (heterozygous familial and nonfamilial), homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia and mixed dyslipidemia.
Coronary heart disease: In patients with coronary heart disease and hypercholesterolemia, VIDA-UP® is indicated to:
- Decrease the risk of myocardial infarction.
- Decrease the risk of undergoing myocardial revascularization procedures (coronary artery bypass grafting and coronary angioplasty).
- Decrease the risk of death caused by cardiovascular diseases.
- Slow the progression of coronary atherosclerosis.
- Decrease the acute coronary artery events (ischemia and/or heart attack).
What is in the medicine:
Each film coated tablet contains:
Simvastatin………………………………………………….10 mg, 20 mg
How much and how often should you use this medicine:
Adults: The usual dosage range is 5 to 40 mg/day. In patients with CHD or at high risk of CHD, VIDA-UP® can be started simultaneously with diet. The recommended usual starting dose is 10 or 20 mg once a day in the evening. For patients at high risk for a CHD event due to existing CHD, diabetes, peripheral vessel disease, history of stroke or other cerebrovascular disease, the recommended starting dose is 40 mg/day. Adolescents (10-17 years of age): The recommended usual starting dose is 10 mg once a day in the evening. The recommended dosing range is 10 to 40 mg/day; the maximum recommended dose is 40 mg/day.