Brand Name: Prevost®
What is the medicine used for:
- Treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women.
- Treatment of osteoporosis in men to increase bone mass.
- Treatment of osteoporosis in men and women receiving glucocorticoids.
- Treatment of Paget’s disease.
What is in the medicine:
Each tablet contains: Alendronic acid 70 mg (equivalent to 91.37 mg alendronate sodium trihydrate)
How much and how often should you use this medicine:
- Treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women and in men: 70 mg once weekly
- Prevention and treatment of glucocorticoid- induced osteoporosis: 5 mg/day or 10 mg/day for postmenopausal women without using hormone replacement therapy
- Treatment of Paget’s disease: 40 mg once daily for 6 months
Or, as prescribed by a physician.