Brand Name: PEROSU®
Format: Film-coated tablet
What is the medicine used for:
– Primary hypercholesterolemia or mixed dyslipidemia.
– Pediatric patients 10 to 17 years old with heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia after failing an adequate trial of diet therapy.
– Primary dysbetalipoproteinemia.
– Homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia: as an adjunct to other lipid-lowering treatments (e.g., LDL apheresis) or alone if such treatments are unavailable.
– Slowing of the progression of atherosclerosis as part of a treatment strategy to decrease total-C and LDL-C to target levels.
– Primary prevention of cardiovascular disease: In individuals without clinically evident coronary heart disease but with an increased risk of cardiovascular disease based on age (≥ 50 years old in men and ≥ 60 years old in women), hsCRP ≥ 2 mg/L, and the presence of at least one additional cardiovascular disease risk factor, PEROSU® is indicated to reduce the risk of stroke, myocardial infarction, and arterial revascularization procedures.
What is in the medicine:
Each film-coated tablet contains:
Rosuvastatin (as calcium) 10 mg or 20 mg
How much and how often should you use this medicine:
The dose range is 5-40 mg orally once a day. Treatment should be initiated with 5-10 mg daily. PEROSU® can be administrated as a single dose at any time of day, with or without food. The 40 mg dose is only recommended for patients with severe hypercholesterolemia at high cardiovascular risk (in particular those with familial hypercholesterolemia), who do not achieve their treatment goal using the 20 mg dose, and in whom routine follow-up will be performed. Physician supervision is recommended when the 40 mg is initiated.