Brand Name: Hyvalor®
Format: Film-coated tablet
What is the medicine used for:
– Treatment of hypertension. It may be used alone or in combination with other antihypertension medications.
– Heart failure (NYHA class II-IV).
– In clinically stable patients with left ventricular failure or left ventricular dysfunctions following myocardial infarction.
What is in the medicine:
Each film-coated tablet contains:
Valsartan………………………………………………80 mg or 160 mg
How much and how often should you use this medicine:
– Usual initial & maintenance adult dose: 1 tablet of Hyvalor® 80 mg or 160 mg once daily when used as monotherapy in patients who are not circulatory volume-depleted.
– If additional antihypertensive effect is required over the starting dose range, the dose may be increased to a maximum of 320 mg or a diuretic may be added.
– The initial dose valsartan recommended starting in the adult is 40 mg every 12 hours.
– Uptitration to 80 mg and 160 mg twice daily should be done to the highest dose, as tolerated by the patient.
– The recommended starting dose of valsartan is 20 mg twice daily, patients may be uptitrated within 7 days to 40 mg twice daily.
– Maintennance: the dose of 160 mg twice daily, as tolerated by the patient.